Hugh M. McDonald focuses his practice on all aspects of restructuring, workouts and bankruptcy and litigation. He has represented secured and unsecured creditors, banks, trustees, bondholders, debtors, creditor committees and acquirers of assets.
He is also experienced with asset sales in bankruptcy cases, debtor-in-possession financing, the liquidation of estates and cross-border cases. Hugh has represented parties in connection with complex commercial litigations and related appeals in both state and federal courts around the country. He has over 25 years of litigation and bankruptcy experience.
Representative Matters :
- Bank/Secured Creditor Representations : SunEdison, Inc.; Blue Bird Bus; Enron Corp.; Everfresh Beverages; Lehman Brothers, Inc.; Mirant Corp.; Regency Cruise; United Airlines; Continental Airlines; US Mortgage Corp.
- Creditors’ Committee Representations : Holsted Marketing, Inc.; Ames Department Stores; Breed Technologies; Daewoo International (America) Corp.
- Litigation : Mirant Corp.; Lyondell; Enron Corp.; Bethlehem Steel; Ambac; Bradlees Stores, Inc.; Merry-go-Round; Kodak; Mr. Goodbuys; National Gas Distributors (ISDA as amicus curiae); Premier Operations Ltd.; TECO Energy; US Mortgage Corp.; Ames Department Stores; Montgomery Ward; PharMor.
- Bondholders and Indenture Trustees : Texas Competitive Electric Holdings; Breed Technologies; GS Technologies; Healthcor Holdings.
- New York Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1990, National Moot Court Team; Note and comment editor, New York Law School Law Review
- Boston College, B.A., 1987
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey, New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Rate : $$$