Hugh L. Patterson is primarily engaged in a business law practice focusing on corporations and other business organizations, real property and commercial law and transactions involving those organizations and commercial real estate.
His corporate and commercial practice focuses on the representation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies with respect to corporate and business governance, corporate finance, private equity funding, the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers and joint ventures and general business advice.
In real estate transactions, Hugh represents equity investors, lenders and large private landowners on development projects, financing transactions, joint ventures and the purchase and sale of developed and undeveloped real estate.
His healthcare practice has focused primarily on the representation of life care facilities, nursing homes and other ambulatory care facilities and physician groups with a current emphasis on practice management, risk management and reimbursement issues. He has worked with hospitals and hospital medical staffs on medical staff bylaws and represented physicians with medical staff issues.
- J.D., University of Virginia, Editorial Board, Virginia Law Review, Order of the Coif, 1965
- B.A., University of North Carolina, Morehead Scholar, Phi Betta Kappa, 1960
- Kellam Energy, Inc.: Board
- Sentara Hospital for Extended Recovery: Board
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce: Board
- Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance: Board
- Regent University Law School: Board of Visitors
- Tidewater Automobile Association: Advisory Board
- Southern Virginia Diocesan Foundation (Episcopal Church): President
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association: past President
- American Bar Association: former Member, House of Delegates
- American Arbitration Association, Commercial Arbitration
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- National Health Lawyers Association
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
Rate : $$$