Hugh Thistlethwaite is a Partner in the New York office, where he practices exclusively in the field of immigration and nationality law. Hugh began working at Fragomen as a Law Clerk in 2004 and joined the firm as an Associate from 2005 until 2007.
After briefly working as an Associate in the Immigration Department of a multi-practice Manhattan law firm, Hugh returned to Fragomen in 2008. Hugh currently advises insurance and financial services companies on issues involving employment-based temporary and permanent visa categories, family-based permanent residence applications, and U.S. citizenship applications.
During law school, Hugh was an Associate Editor for the New York Law School Law Review. He was also a member of the Justice John Marshall Harlan Scholars Program and the Justice Action Center and received the Woodrow Wilson Award for Proficiency in Constitutional Law.
- Past and current clients include companies in the IT services, finance and banking, consumer products, news, market research, publishing, hospitality, and luxury goods industries as well as universities and hospitals
- Assisted prominent musicians, actors, athletes, and business leaders in obtaining “extraordinary ability” classification
- New York Law School | J.D., 2005, summa cum laude
- New York University | B.A., 1999, cum laude
Bar Admissions: New York
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Association for the Bar of the City of New York
Rate : $$$$