Hugh J. Turner serves as chair of Akerman’s Product Liability and Mass Torts Practice, a national team defending claims involving pharmaceuticals, medical devices, tobacco, vaccines, vehicles, silica and asbestos products, among others.
Hugh’s litigation practice encompasses the areas of product liability, commercial disputes, class actions, construction, consumer protection class actions, and toxic torts. A leader in product liability and mass tort law, Hugh’s clients include American Optical, Atrium Medical, Datascope Corp., Eli Lilly, FEADSHIP, Getinge Group, and Pfizer.
He advises his clients in complex litigation involving pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and asbestos, silica, drywall, lead, benzene, and other toxic substances. He serves as national counsel for U.S. and international medical device manufacturers defending product liability litigation.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law
- B.S., Boston University
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Sea Ranch Lakes, Florida, Past Mayor
- The Florida Bar, International Law Section, Past Chairman
- American Bar Association, Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- The Defense Research Institute, Member
- Japan Society of South Florida, Past Director
- Council on Litigation Management, Member
Rate : $$$$