Hui Lin is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department. Hui focuses her practice on corporate finance, particularly in capital markets and securities law matters. She has experience in a broad range of transactions, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, registered and 144A high yield and investment grade debt offerings, leveraged acquisition financing transactions and liability management transactions.
Hui also advises clients on corporate governance and other general corporate matters. Her clients include private equity sponsors, such as Silver Lake Partners and The Invus Group, and corporate issuers including Dell and Blue Buffalo, in addition to JPMorgan, Barclays and other major investment banks.
Representative transactions include:
- Dell in its $20 billion first lien investment grade notes offering and $3.25 billion unsecured high yield notes offering
- Blue Buffalo in its $780 million initial public offering and multiple follow-on equity offerings
- Weight Watchers in its strategic collaboration with Oprah Winfrey
- MasterCard Incorporated in its inaugural $1.5 billion notes offering
- Initial purchasers in multiple notes offerings by NBC Universal aggregating $9.1 billion, in connection with its acquisition by Comcast Corporation
- Underwriters in the $400 million senior notes offering by Signet Jewelers to finance its acquisition of Zale Corporation
- Initial purchasers in Brinker International’s $350 million senior notes offering
Hui joined Simpson Thacher following her graduation in 2007 from Columbia Law School, where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. She received her LL.B. from University College London, also in 2007. Hui is admitted to practice in New York.
- Columbia Law School, 2007 J.D.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- University College London, 2007 LL.B.
- New York State Bar Association
Admissions : New York 2008
Rate : $$$$