Hyun S. Byun combines his legal and technical expertise to represent clients in disputes involving technology. Mr. Byun has experience in various forums, including U.S. District Courts, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and state courts.
Mr. Byun also has an engineering expertise, which he uses to understand the technology at issue, as well as to communicate effectively with clients’ engineers and experts.
His representations include winning on summary judgment in a patent litigation matter involving memory controllers, and winning on appeal of the same matter at the Federal Circuit.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2011
- Stanford University, M.S., 2005
- Brown University, Sc.B., 2000
Bar Admissions : California
Representative Matters :
- Representation of Texas Instruments in a patent litigation action, and the associated inter partesreview, related to memory controllers and graphics processors (ITC, PTAB).
- Representation of Intercos S.p.A. in trade secret litigation related to cosmetics manufacturing (Los Angeles Superior Court).
- Representation of McKesson Corporation subsidiary in a trade secret case (New York Supreme Court). Obtained a complete defense victory.
- Representation of Samsung Electronics in a patent litigation action on light conversion techniques and LED package structures (ITC).
- Representation of a property manager accused of theft. The District Attorney’s office ended up dropping the charges (Santa Clara Superior Court).
Previous Experience : Before attending law school, Mr. Byun worked as an engineer for Oracle, where he developed framework for business applications.
Rate : $$$$