I. Justine Kilpatrick is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Professional Liability Practice. Justine focuses her practice on legal malpractice, errors and omissions, and directors and officers.Justine also handles the defense of general liability cases involving slip and falls, trip and falls, motor vehicle accidents, and products defects.
Her experience includes the defense of attorneys, insurance brokers and agents, escrow officers and companies, property management companies, real estate agents, homeowners’ associations, clubs and bars, recreational facilities, restaurants and hotels, bail bond agents, police officers, apartment complexes and managers, transportation companies, schools and coaches, title companies, retail stores, and various contractors and subcontractors.
Justine has also defended insurers, provided insurance coverage opinions, defended employment liability cases, and conducted employment practices seminars. Justine enjoys eliminating unmeritorious claims and disposing of cases through use of demurrers and motions for summary judgment. She successfully obtained attorneys’ fees for her clients on a number of motions seeking attorneys’ fees.
- Capital University Law School, Juris Doctor, 2007
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Minors in both Psychology and Business, 2003
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
Associations : California Bar Association 2007-present
Rate : $$$$