Ian P. Band’s practice focuses on business and family-related immigration matters. As part of the Labor and Employment team, Ian counsels corporate clients on various aspects of immigration and nationality law, including temporary visas, permanent visas, US citizenship and I-9 compliance.
He also counsels individuals on family-related immigration matters. Ian is Chair of the Pro Bono Committee for the Washington office and donates more than 100 hours of his time each year to pro bono matters.
He has successfully helped battered immigrants with their immigration issues, ensuring their safety and family unity. Ian has been quoted in various media outlets including Rolling Stone, Workforce Management and WUSA Channel 9 in Washington, DC.
- Represents businesses and individuals before the US Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Labor, State Department, Department of Homeland Security and various consular offices
- Counsels corporations on compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
- Represents clients before the Office of Special Counsel and the Administrative Appeals Office
- Represents, on a pro bono basis, battered spouses of US citizens under the Violence Against Women Act, and those seeking asylum
- JD, American University, Washington College of Law, 1987
- BA, University of Maryland, 1984
- District of Columbia
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1989-present
Rate : $$$