Ian N. Bushner is a corporate partner in the Boston office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Ian focuses his practice on meeting the corporate and transactional needs of private equity sponsors and public and private companies in a variety of domestic and cross-border complex business transactions.
These include public and private mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, going-private transactions, carve-out transactions, spinoffs, initial public offerings and other capital markets transactions, distressed acquisitions, joint ventures and alliances, recapitalization and restructuring transactions, private financings, PIPE investments, and other investment transactions.
In addition, Ian advises on corporate governance, executive compensation, and general corporate matters, including counseling private equity sponsors in the management of their portfolio companies with respect to follow-on acquisitions, liquidity events, and management equity.
Ian has experience with transactions in a number of industries, including automotive, biotechnology, chemicals, clean energy, defense & aerospace, government contracts, health care, investment management, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, real estate, and technology.
Ian also has an active pro bono practice with a particular focus on social entrepreneurship and complex business transactions involving non-profit organizations.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2009 with Honors
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., 2006
- 2010, Illinois
- 2018, Massachusetts
- Bain Capital Private Equity in its acquisition of Varsity Brands
- Bain Capital Private Equity in its $3.2 billion carve-out acquisition of Diversey Care from Sealed Air
- Bain Capital Private Equity in its Surgery Partners investment, equity commitment to $760M National Surgical Healthcare acquisition
- Inteliquent, a premier interconnection partner for communications service providers, in its $800 million sale to GTCR and Onvoy
- Private equity sponsor in an equity investment in a maker of consumer food products in connection with its carve-out acquisition of Splenda from Johnson & Johnson
- Taminco Corp., a NYSE-listed company in the chemicals industry, and its largest shareholder, Apollo Global Management, in its $2.8 billion sale to Eastman Chemical Co.
Prior to joining Kirkland, Ian’s experience included the representation of:
- Private equity portfolio company in the foodservice industry in its $1.4 billion “Debt IPO” exchange offer for senior notes
- European public company in the life sciences industry in its $1.2 billion tender offer for a NYSE-listed global biocides business
- Fortune 100 company in the automotive industry in its $1.7 billion public secondary offering of common stock
- European public company in connection with the sale of its commercial bioagricultural business and entry into a long-term global alliance with a Fortune 500 company
- Information technology company providing services to government and commercial enterprises in its $90 million sale to a private equity fund
- Public companies regarding disclosures, proxy statements, disputes with activist shareholders and other investors, Exchange Act reporting, and compliance with federal securities laws
Memberships & Affiliations : American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$