Ian R. Cohen assists individuals and companies in complex business transactions, with a focus on contract drafting and negotiation, including licensing and other intellectual property agreements. Ian has a strong ability to solve problems through logical and creative means.
He routinely works with private equity sponsors, venture capital investors and strategic companies on their global investment opportunities. Ian strives to obtain favorable results by working diligently to help his clients overcome hurdles with practical solutions while also managing cost and risk factors.
- Lead associate in the representation of Barnes & Noble Education’s cross-border acquisition of LoudCloud, a leading provider of digital education services, through a combined asset and stock transaction.
- Lead associate in the representation of a private equity portfolio company in a stock sale of a government contracting business for approximately $1 billion.
- Lead associate in the representation of a private equity portfolio company in stock purchases of three telephone service providers for approximately $85 million, $50 million, and $10 million each.
- Lead associate in the representation of a federal government technology provider in an asset sale for approximately $40 million.
- Lead associate in the representation of a private equity company in the acquisition of a minority equity investment in a media company in connection with a related debt financing of approximately $350 million.
- Lead associate in the representation of a shipping company in a notes offering in connection with selling approximately $285 million of First Priority Senior Secured Notes.
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 2009; cum laude; Associate Editor, Hofstra Law Review; Dean’s Scholar
- B.A., Government and Politics, University of Maryland, 2006
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$