Ian R. Goldberg is a corporate associate in the firm’s oil and gas practice group. He regularly advises clients on a broad range of energy transactions, including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, exploration and development agreements, joint operating agreements, and oilfield service contracts.
Ian has extensive experience representing exploration and production companies operating in major conventional and unconventional plays across the country, including the Permian Basin, Eagle Ford Shale, Bakken Shale, Barnett Shale, Haynesville Shale and SCOOP/STACK, as well as offshore in the Gulf of Mexico.
He also has extensive experience conducting land title due diligence and preparing title curative instruments.
Ian also has significant experience representing companies in connection with business entity formation, corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- Represented a public company in its acquisition of an independent offshore exploration and production company for $1.2 billion.
- Represented a group of industry professionals in the formation and qualification of a new entity and its subsequent acquisition of a major oil company’s Gulf of Mexico shallow water assets.
- Represented a private company in its acquisition of oil and gas assets in the Gulf of Mexico for $170 million.
- Represented a private exploration and production company in the sale of its onshore subsidiary for $73 million.
- Represented a public company in the sale and leaseback of an offshore oil and gas gathering system and shore base facility.
- Represented a public company in its acquisition of onshore processing facilities from a major oil company.
- Represented a private company in the negotiation of a development program involving numerous deepwater lease blocks in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented a private company in the sale of an oil and gas subsidiary for $66.5 million.
- Represented a private company in the acquisition of oil and gas assets located across the Gulf Coast and in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented a private company in negotiations to participate in a drilling program across multiple onshore Texas basins.
- JD, University of Houston Law Center, 2011
- BA, The University of Texas at Austin, 2008
- Member, Houston Bar Association, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section
- Member, Texas State Bar Association
- Member, American Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Member, Houston Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Member, Professional Landmen’s Association of New Orleans
Rate : $$$