Ian A. Hammel is a longstanding member of Mintz Levin’s bankruptcy and restructuring team and maintains a national, broad-based commercial restructuring practice. Ian has completed an extensive body of engagements for indenture trustees, bondholders, noteholders, and other sophisticated creditors in bankruptcy, receivership, and other out-of-court and in-court matters throughout the United States.
In addition to his finance-related and more general restructuring work, Ian regularly advises commercial landlords regarding tenant financial distress issues. Ian’s experience spans a broad range of industries, including health care, hospitality, manufacturing, transportation, education, energy, and nonprofits.
- Lead the successful work-out and assumption of $130 million of hospital revenue bonds issued for the benefit of California-based Rideout Memorial Hospital.
- Lead the successful multi-year work-out and reinstatement of $120 million of hospital revenue bonds issued for the benefit of Ohio-based Holzer Heath System.
- Co-Lead the representation of the indenture trustee for $650 million of mine-related senior notes issued by Molycorp, Inc. in Delaware chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Lead the successful work-out and restructuring of $25 million of hospital revenue bonds issued by Oklahoma-based Kingfisher Hospital Authority;
- Co-Lead the representation of the indenture trustee for $80 million of hospital revenue and general obligation bonds issued by Tulare Local Health Care District in California chapter 9 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, National Federation of Municipal Analysts
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Cornell University (JD)
- Union College (BA, History)
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$