Ian R. Liston is an intellectual property litigator in the Delaware office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. He has represented clients in patent litigation involving areas such as mobile communications, payment processing, e-commerce, interactive home security, and pharmaceuticals. Ian is also experienced in litigating corporate and commercial disputes before the federal and state courts of Delaware and in arbitration.
Ian has conducted direct and cross examinations at trial, taken and defended depositions, argued at hearings, overseen discovery, and drafted winning arguments in motion practice. Ian is currently a member of the firm’s Education Committee and its Pro Bono Committee. In each of the last four years, Ian has received the John Wilson Award, the firm’s highest award for pro bono service, for his work on behalf of children in the Delaware Family Court.
Ian participated in the 2015 Delaware Federal Trial Practice Seminar, an intensive nine-week program of instruction on trial advocacy skills by Delaware’s district court judges and nationally recognized practitioners.
Ian served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable John W. Noble of the Delaware Court of Chancery and as an extern for the Honorable Joseph J. Farnan, Jr. of the United State District Court for the District of Delaware. Before attending law school, he operated an IT consulting business and taught middle school.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School
- A.B., History, Harvard University
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, Litigation Section, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, Delaware Chapter, Federal Bar Association
- Member, The Richard S. Rodney American Inn of Court
- State Bar of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Rate : $$$