Ian Thomas is an attorney in Offit Kurman’s Commercial Litigation practice group. Ian likes to apply a “think-outside-the-box” approach to litigation, through which he seeks to find creative ways to resolve each legal issue that his clients face. In applying this approach, Ian is able to identify a diverse set of options to help resolve his client’s legal problems.
Before joining Offit Kurman, Ian was an associate at a well-regarded boutique law firm in Bethesda, Maryland, where he gained extensive trial and appellate experience. Prior to that, he served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Martha Royster in New Jersey Superior Court in Hudson County.
A native New Yorker, Ian obtained his law degree from New York Law School where he graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, Ian demonstrated an early passion for litigation by serving as the chairperson of the school’s Moot Court Association.
In this role he was named to the Order of the Barristers, in recognition of excellence in oral and written advocacy. As a law student, Ian also gained practical litigation experience while interning for the New York City Council and the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York.
- Loyola University New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) 2007, BA, cum laude
- New York Law School (New York, NY) 2012, JD, magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$