Ilana Gorenstein Tabacinic has developed an expertise in dealing with the growing internationalization of disputes, developing global strategies to domestic issues and cross-border disputes having significant experience navigating multijurisdictional environments with different legal, regulatory, and cultural systems.
Drawing on her vast international experience, domestic expertise, and connections around the world, Ilana routinely assembles and manages multi-disciplinary teams that can deal with all aspects of any international or domestic pre-litigation strategy, dispute, or investigation.
Her work spans a variety of industries including real estate, pharmaceutical, banking, hospitality, media, private investment firms, and scenarios such as internal investigations and white collar matters. As such, Ilana advises clients with regard to foreign litigations, international claims in domestic courts, international commercial arbitrations, and international investigations.
Ilana provides counsel to multinational entities or foreign individuals on local issues, the jurisdiction to bring claims or defenses to such, and the challenges that come with witnesses located in different jurisdictions, foreign and local discovery, international treaties such as the Interamerican and Hague Conventions, international tribunals, collection of judgments, and tracing of assets domestically and overseas.
Ilana is a recognized trial lawyer having tried civil and white collar matters in local, federal courts, and domestic and international arbitration tribunals. Recently, she represented foreign clients and/or advised in disputes involving the following jurisdictions: Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Saudi Arabia, Spain, the Kingdom of Bahrain, Italy, France, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and Portugal.
- Harvard Law School, 2017, Program on Negotiation, “Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most”
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2008, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, University of Miami Law Review, Member, Moot Court Board
- B.A., University of Miami, 2004
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- American Bar Association, Member
- The American Inns of Court, Spellman-Hoeveler Chapter, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Committee on Public International Law, Human Rights and Global Justice of the Florida Bar, The Florida Bar International Law Section, Committee Member
- Miami Jewish Legal Society, Committee Member
- Legal Intern to the Honorable James I. Cohn, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2005
Rate : $$$