Ildiko Duckor, co-leader of Pillsbury’s award-winning Investment Funds practice, oversees the Emerging Hedge Fund Manager Program that provides packaged launch solutions to hedge fund startups.
Ildiko, whose former experience includes other major law firms and in-house counsel at a global investment firm, provides hedge fund, private equity and venture managers, investment advisers and CPOs with strategic advice on fund formation, structuring, operations, and U.S. and offshore private fund activities.
She prepares and negotiates managed account, funds-of-one and subadvisory agreements; side letters with institutional and sovereign investors; and seed capital arrangements.
Ildiko also handles securities, commodities and broker-dealer regulatory compliance matters, including registrations and filings, and advises on trading practices and internal controls.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represents quantitative equity long-short managers, including clients with regional and global focus, in a variety of fund formations and structurings, managed account, institutional investor, operational and compliance matters.
- Represented fund managers on structuring, documentation and regulatory matters for cryptoasset fund (cryptocurrency and other digital assets) and multi-substrategy fund with equity, fixed-income and insurance-linked investments.
- Counseled hedge fund manager on the sale of its business to registered investment company complex, and automated (robo) advisers and FinTech space participants on business structuring and compliance with Investment Advisers Act, Investment Company Act, Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act, ERISA and other regulatory requirements.
- State Bar of California
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- J.D., New York Law School, 1996
- M.A., József Attila University, 1986
ADMISSIONS : California, New York
Rate : $$$$