Ingrid Welch has more than 30 years of legal experience in private equity fund formation, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, and SEC investment adviser and broker/dealer registration and compliance. Ingrid’s practice focuses on the needs of private equity and private real estate investment firms.
She has represented private equity clients in all aspects of their transactional needs, including fund formation, private placements, securities regulation, acquisition, financing, and disposition of private companies and real estate, and advice regarding Dodd Frank investment adviser compliance, broker/dealer issues, and other regulatory requirements that impact private equity funds.
Ingrid spent 22 years as in-house counsel to a Philadelphia-based private equity and real estate investment boutique with 12 years as a principal and member of the investment committee.
As counsel, Ingrid managed the legal work for more than 100 investment funds with strategies ranging from private equity funds of funds, private equity investment funds, real estate investment funds, hedge funds of funds, structured finance funds, and other alternative investment funds. Many of these investment funds involved negotiating joint venture agreements with strategic or operating partners, including complex governance and waterfall provisions.
As a member of the investment committee, Ingrid was involved in the early stages of the investment decision-making process and understands the business considerations that impact private equity and real estate firms. Ingrid has managed registered investment adviser and broker-dealer compliance programs, as well as represented the registrants during examinations by the SEC and FINRA.
Ingrid returned to private practice in 2011. She served as the Philadelphia office managing partner of a Detroit-based law firm, and continued to represent her former private equity and real estate investment firm, as well as other private equity, real estate, and corporate clients.
Ingrid earned her undergraduate degree from Villanova University and is a magna cum laude graduate of Villanova Law School, where she was an editor of the Villanova Law Review.
- Represented a newly formed Delaware Special Purpose Entity affiliated with Merion Realty Partners, LLC in connection with its acquisition of The Ledges Apartments in Groton, Conn. In addition to the acquisition, the representation included preparation of the private placement documents, a joint venture agreement, and a substantial agency loan.
- Represented an early-stage technology company in its acquisition of the assets of another technology company in exchange for equity in the acquirer. The client also raised capital in a private offering to further develop and commercialize the technology and fund the company’s operations for two years.
- Represented a private equity client in a private placement offering that raised $21.35 million for an investment in a Class A office building in King of Prussia, Pa.
- Represented a physical therapy provider in a restructuring and financing involving multiple stakeholders and complex tax planning. The transaction drew upon the experience of the firm’s corporate, tax, and real estate attorneys.
- Represented the private equity borrower in an amendment to and increase in credit in connection with a note purchase private placement transaction with an insurance company.
- Represented the issuer and general partner in a private placement offering and joint venture agreement to raise $6 million of equity to acquire a multifamily property.
- Represented a joint venture between Merion Realty Partners, a real estate investment and management firm headquartered in Pennsylvania, and a billion dollar institutional investment fund in connection with a series of transactions involving the sale of multifamily apartment communities.
- Represented Clark Capital Management Group, Inc. in connection with the sale of a large portion of its investment advisory business to AssetMark, Inc. The asset purchase agreement was negotiated in a compressed time frame and involved complicated issues relating to separating the portion of the business being sold from that being retained.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1984
- Villanova University, B.A., 1981
BAR ADMISSIONS : Michigan; Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$