Ira Dizengoff focuses on corporate restructurings, with an emphasis on creditors’ committees and bondholder committees in large, complex cases, both out of court and in Chapter 11.Ira represents bondholders, noteholders, institutional investors, hedge funds and other interested parties. He has also represented debtors in possession, postpetition lenders and acquirers of distressed assets. His restructuring matters encompass a variety of industries and involve multijurisdictional and cross-border matters.
Ira represents numerous companies in restructurings and recapitalizations in and out of court, including Coso Geothermal Power Holdings, LLC; Allied Nevada Gold Corp.; Quiznos (QCE Finance LLC); TerreStar Networks and its parent TerreStar Corporation; American Media Inc.; Atari Inc.; PetroRig entities; Marquis Jet Partners; Foamex International Inc.; Granite Broadcasting Corporation; U.S. Shipping Corp.; and Trident Resources Corp.
Ira received his J.D. in 1992 from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he was a member of the Cardozo Law Review. He received his B.A. magna cum laude in history from Brandeis University.Ira is a frequent lecturer at leading high-yield conferences and restructuring seminars. He is involved in community and charitable activities and has received recognition for his accomplishments in this area. He currently sits on the Board of Overseers of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
- Advised a second lien lender group of Indianapolis Downs, LLC.
- Advised a second lien lender group of NewPage Corporation.
- Advised a second lien lender group and new money investors of Quiznos.
- Advised an informal group of noteholders of Six Flags (Premier International Holdings, Inc.).
- Advised an informal group of first lien lenders of Ion Media Networks, Inc.
- Advised Avenue Capital as the majority owner of second lien notes and new money investor of MagnaChip Semiconductor.
- Advised an informal group of noteholders of Spansion LLC.
- Advised the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Quebecor World (USA), Inc.
- Advised an informal committee of noteholders of Vertis, Inc.
- Advised the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of WorldCom, Inc.
- Advised the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of iHeartMedia, Inc.
- Advised debtor FirstEnergy Solutions Corp.
- the Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors of Sears Holdings Corporation
Advised the noteholders of EV Energy Partners, LP.
- Advised an informal group of unsecured noteholders of Energy Future Intermediate Holdings Corp.
- Advised an ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders of Breitburn Energy Partners LP.
- Advised an ad hoc group of bondholders of Seadrill Limited.
- Advised the unsecured noteholders of Atlas Resource Partners, L.P.
- Advised an ad hoc group of secured noteholders of Constellation Enterprises LLC.
- Advised an informal group of senior secured lenders and noteholders of Walter Energy, Inc.
- Advised an ad hoc group of second lien lenders of Templar Energy LLC.
- Advised the first lien lenders of Avaya Inc.
- Advised the secured creditors of Sequa Corporation.
- Advised the first and second lien lenders of True Religion Apparel, Inc.
- Advised the tendering noteholders of Arch Coal, Inc.
- Advised the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Edison Mission Energy.
- Advised the steering group of lenders of Longview Power, LLC.
- Advised the steering group of lenders of LifeCare Holdings, Inc.
- Advised the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Dynegy Holdings, Inc.
- Advised an informal group of first lien lenders of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co.
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, 1992
- B.A., Brandeis University, magna cum laude
- New York
Rate : $$$