Highly experienced in negotiating and documenting complex domestic and cross-border real estate, corporate, and commercial transactions, Irán Hopkins serves as transaction counsel and as outside general counsel for day-to-day operations for clients including family offices, private equity funds, entrepreneurs, consultants, fashion designers, and joint ventures active across industries ranging from hospitality and commercial real estate, technology start-ups, telehealth, apparel, commercial agriculture, and professional soccer.
Irán is also a regulatory expert in the evolving California cannabis industry and works with key stakeholders in all aspects of state and local licensing, the establishment of compliant operations across the supply chain and in different jurisdictions, and getting products to market.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2001
- MBT, University of Southern California Marshall School of Business, 2001
- B.A., Texas Christian University, 1998, cum laude
Bar Admissions : California
- KPMG LLP, International Corporate Tax Services
- Curry School of Education Foundation, Board of Directors, Curry School of Education and Human Development, University of Virginia
- Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law, Board of Directors, 2015-2018
- Junior League of Los Angeles, Sustaining Member
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Commission on Disability for the City of Los Angeles, Commissioner — Reappointed by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti for the term ending June 2023
Rate : $$$$