Irina Dashevsky is an Associate in the Chicago office of Locke Lord LLP where she concentrates her practice in consumer finance and business litigation. Her litigation experience covers a wide range of areas, including consumer finance, insurance coverage defense, contracts, government contracts and regulation, mortgages foreclosures and class-action defense.
Irina’s recent cases have focused on representing financial institutions in individual and class action lawsuits concerning claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). She has extensive experience managing and resolving disputes for clients throughout all stages of litigation in federal and state court.
Irina previously served as the Deputy Finance Director for The Competence Group, a political consulting firm specializing in campaign finance strategy for elected officials and candidates at the local, state and federal level.
Representative Experience :
- Representing multiple mortgage servicers in actions alleging TCPA, FDCPA and FCRA claims and violations of bankruptcy discharge injunctions
- Representing financial institution in various real estate transactions related to REO property
- Represented gaming clients in precedent setting cases involving the Illinois Video Gaming Act
- Advocated for a refinery in rulemaking proceedings before the Illinois Pollution Control Board
- Represents insurance companies in complex insurance coverage disputes, particularly in environmental claims litigation in state and federal courts across the country
Professional History :
- Managing Associate, Litigation, Dentons US LLP, Chicago (2011-2015)
- Deputy Finance Director, The Competence Group (TCG) (2001-2011)
Professional Affiliations :
- Chair, Steering Committee, Chicago Bar Association Leadership Institute
- Volunteer, Lawyers in the Classroom, Legacy Middle School
- J.D., magna cum laude, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Political Science Honors Program, High Honors, DePaul University, 2005
Admissions : Illinois
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$