As counsel in the Litigation Practice Group, Iris Gibson focuses her practice on writing and on effectively telling her clients’ stories. At the pretrial level, Iris authors summary judgment and other dispositive motions, which help her clients resolve their cases at the earliest possible stage. At the trial phase, Iris effectively presents her clients’ positions and defenses in complex commercial disputes involving claims such as fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference, and negligence.
Iris concentrates on commercial and franchise-related litigation. She has represented a diverse group of clients on a wide range of legal matters, including franchise and distribution disputes, business and contract litigation, breach of fiduciary claims, and environmental enforcement litigation.
Before joining the firm, Iris was a litigation consultant, providing financial, economic, and damage analysis for business disputes.
Iris’ passion for telling her clients’ stories extends to those without access to the legal system. Her enthusiasm for pro bono work earned her the 2010 J. Chrys Dougherty Award for exemplary dedication and commitment to the principle of access to justice for all people regardless of income.
Iris continues to hone her litigation skills through her pro bono work with Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas. She is also a volunteer for CASA and is committed to making a difference to children in foster care in her community. Iris also volunteers for Meals on Wheels.
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 2002, with high honors; Order of the Coif; Texas Law Review
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1997, with high honors
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2002
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- City of Houston Municipal Courts Prosecutor (2007)
- Robert W. Calvert American Inn of Court, Associate Member (2004-2006)
- Member, ABA Forum on Franchising
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association
- American Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$