Irma Solares’s practice focuses on complex state and federal litigation, representing both U.S. and foreign clients involved in commercial disputes and arbitration. She represents insurance carriers and financial institutions in market conduct examinations, regulatory investigations, and individual cases and class actions involving allegations of breach of contract, fraud, false advertising, breach of fiduciary duty, bad faith, unfair and deceptive trade practices and violation of consumer protection statutes. She has defended matters involving elder abuse claims in California and Florida courts.
Irma also has substantial experience litigating labor and employment law disputes in state and federal courts and representing clients before administrative agencies such as the EEOC, NLRB and the FCHR. She has represented employers on single plaintiff and class/collective action claims of age, sex, race and disability discrimination, claims alleging workplace harassment and retaliation, wage and hour claims, and trade secret litigation.
Irma regularly advises clients on a broad range of employment matters and has substantial experience negotiating, drafting and litigating employment agreements. She has also litigated health and disability claims disputes under ERISA, and has represented insurers in other litigation involving preferred provider agreements and rate disputes.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 1988)
- University of Miami (B.A., 1985)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Vice-Chair, American Bar Association
- Tort and Trial Insurance Practice (TIPS) Section
- Health and Disability Committee
- Member, American Bar Association
- Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Labor & Employment Section
- Member, Federal Bar Association, South Florida Chapter
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Labor & Employment Law Section
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Goodwill Industries of South Florida, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Vizcaya Museum & Gardens Trust (2000-2010)
Rate : $$$