Ismail H. Alsheik advises public companies, private companies, and sponsors on domestic and cross-border acquisitions, dispositions, workouts, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and financing transactions. He has counseled both buyers and sellers in dozens of competitive auctions, including those with resulting transactions that entail closing prices in excess of $1 billion.
Recently, Ish advised Cardinal Health in the $1.2 billion sale of its Cardinal Health China distribution business to Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holding Co.; USI Insurance Services, a portfolio company of KKR and CDPQ, on the acquisition of Wells Fargo Insurance Services USA from Wells Fargo & Company; and a consortium that includes Digital Bridge Holdings, a leading global communications infrastructure company, Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments), and TIAA Investments (an affiliate of Nuveen) on the acquisition and related financing of Vantage Data Centers, a leading provider of data center solutions in support of mission-critical applications.
In addition to his transactional practice, Ish advises boards of directors, senior management, and investors on a broad range of governance, compliance, and other sensitive matters.
Companies with which Ish has worked include Boeing, Cardinal Health, Follett, JLL, MYR Group, and Nutrien. He has worked with sponsors including Digital Bridge, Prime Ventures, and Quintana Capital, among others. Ish is a member of the Northwestern University Law School Fund Board.
- Northwestern University (J.D. cum laude 2005);
- Georgetown University (B.A. in English 2001)
- Illinois and U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Joan Humphrey Lefkow,
- U.S. District Court,
- Northern District of Illinois (2004)
- LaSalle acquires $7 billion Real Estate Multi-Manager business and management of €1.7 billion pan-European fund from Aviva Investors
- Cardinal Health sells its Cardinal Health China distribution business to Shanghai Pharmaceuticals for $1.2 billion
- USI Insurance Services acquires Wells Fargo Commercial Insurance business
- DB DataCenter Holdings and DataBridge Parent refinance credit facility
- Digital Bridge in consortium with PSP Investments and TIAA Investments acquires Vantage Data Centers
- DataBank acquires data center facilities from 365 Data Centers
- Civolution invests in 4C Insights
- Follett acquires Classbook
- Asmodee Group acquires Mayfair Games and English language rights to Catan brand.
Rate : $$$