Ivan Cao focuses on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. Mr. Cao has represented strategic and financial clients in a variety of U.S. and cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, auctions and joint ventures.
He also regularly advises clients on SEC reporting obligations, corporate governance and other general corporate matters. Notable transactions in which Mr. Cao has been involved include representing:
- Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. in its controlling investment in My Alarm Center, LLC;
- Five Point Holdings, LLC, a developer of mixed-use, master-planned communities, in its $438 million initial public offering and concurrent private placement;
- Cardenas Markets, Inc. in the sale of its retail grocery business to an affiliate of KKR & Co. L.P.;
- Tengram Capital and its portfolio company Robert Graham in connection with the combination of Robert Graham with Differential Brands Group, formerly Joe’s Jeans;
- a Singapore sovereign wealth fund in the $8.1 billion acquisition of IndCor Properties’ industrial portfolio from funds affiliated with The Blackstone Group.
Prior to law school, Mr. Cao worked as a consultant at Deloitte where he provided information security solutions to clients in a wide range of industries.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2014
- M.B.A., Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2014
- B.S., University of California, Los Angeles, 2005
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$$