Ivan Mitev advises clients on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and hedge funds, cross-border investments, and real estate investments, with a subspecialty in partnership and international taxation.
Ivan also helps family offices and high-net-worth individuals with resolving tax issues in estate planning, white-collar investigations and IRS audits. In the course of his work, Ivan drafts and negotiates partnership and LLC agreements, private placement memoranda, and various other M&A documents, including tax related opinions. In addition, he prepares IRS Appeals protests and other tax controversy documents.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advised a virtual reality venture with foreign investors on U.S. inbound tax structure.
- Advised the private equity group of a Wall Street investment bank on the tax aspects of the acquisition of an interest in a joint venture between several sports teams for the provision of sports related services and concessions.
- Represented the investment funds of prominent U.S. hedge fund and private equity managers in various seeding deals, including controversies surrounding exits of such deals and preservation of capacity rights.
- Advised gambling operators on the availability of foreign tax credits for gaming taxes.
- Advised owners and heirs of multi-national businesses on U.S. tax residency and income tax issues.
- LL.M., University of Miami School of Law, 2005
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2007
ADMISSIONS : Florida, New York
Rate : $$$