Ivan Taback is head of the firm’s Private Clients/Trusts and Estates Group. He concentrates on federal estate, gift and generation-skipping taxes; charitable trusts; estate and trust administration; and fiduciary litigation.
Mr. Taback’s practice extends to matters involving all aspects of sophisticated planning and wealth preservation for families and individuals. He has extensive experience in the preparation and administration of wills and trusts, and the formation and reorganization of closely held corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
He has counseled clients in connection with estate planning for private equity and hedge fund managers and is a well-known lecturer on this topic. He has substantial experience advising on estate planning opportunities that arise in connection with the sale of privately held businesses.
Mr. Taback has extensive experience with all types of life insurance planning, including split-dollar arrangements. He has administered large and complex estates in New York, New Jersey and Florida, as well as other states, and has handled numerous IRS estate and gift tax audits.
He also has been involved in many Surrogate’s Court proceedings. Additionally, Mr. Taback advises individual and corporate fiduciaries in connection with the planning and administration of substantial and complex trusts and estates.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 1995
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 1992 (cum laude; Senior Staff Member, Administrative Law Journal of American University)
- B.S., Cornell University, 1989
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Tax Court
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Vice-Chair, Business Investment Entities Partnerships LLCs & Corporations Committee of the ABA Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$