Ivona Josipovic is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, internal investigations, and international disputes. Ms. Josipovic has particular experience with matters involving compliance with foreign corrupt practices legislation. Ms. Josipovic joined Debevoise in 2010. Ms. Josipovic received a J.D. cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School in 2010, where she served as the executive articles editor of the Michigan Journal of International Law, and received the William W. Bishop, Jr. Award in the field of international law.
Ms. Josipovic received a Master’s in International, Comparative, and European Law (LL.M.) from the European University Institute in Florence, Italy in 2007. Ms. Josipovic graduated from Harvard University in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts in Government. She speaks Italian and is a native speaker of Bosnian and Croatian.
- Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with the U.S., Brazilian, and Singaporean criminal authorities in relation to corrupt payments to Petrobras and other Brazilian officials.
- Rolls-Royce in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with UK, U.S. and Brazil investigating authorities relating to bribery and corruption involving intermediaries in a number of overseas markets.
- A European-based international construction group in an internal investigation of potential anti-corruption in Latin America.
- A large pharmaceutical company in conducting internal investigations of alleged corruption at two European subsidiaries.
- A Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation in arbitration and litigation of dispute concerning breach of an insurance claim settlement agreement.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2010, J.D.
- European University Institute, 2007, LL.M.
- Harvard University, 2006, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$