Alan Harrell practices environmental law and litigation, with an emphasis on toxic tort litigation, exposure-related products liability claims, and class actions. He also counsels clients on environmental regulatory matters. Working at the intersection of substantive environmental law, science and litigation, Mr. Harrell regularly works with a variety of expert witnesses in areas ranging from hydrogeology to industrial hygiene.
Mr. Harrell’s practice includes representing chemical manufacturing facilities and environmental insurers in actions alleging personal exposure, diminution of property value, and other damages. He has also defended clients in cases involving claims of contamination from oil and gas operations.
In addition to his environmental practice, Mr. Harrell has handled a variety of commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract claims, as well as defended professional liability claims brought against environmental consultants, engineers and other professionals. He is also the coordinator of pro bono legal services for the Baton Rouge office.
- Louisiana State University Law Center, J.D., 1997
- Louisiana State University, B.A. in Political Science, 1994; Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
Rate : $$$$