Allen Roberts is a shareholder in the Nashville office and a member of the Firm’s Health Law Group where he serves as co-chair of its Transactions Committee. Mr. Roberts focuses his practice on corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and public and private equity and debt offerings, including public securities offerings and private placements of convertible debt, preferred stock, common stock and warrants.
Within health care, Mr. Roberts has extensive experience over the last 15 years in the behavioral health industry. Within this space, he has represented both publicly traded and private-equity funded companies, including inpatient/intensive outpatient psychiatric centers and inpatient and outpatient alcohol and drug treatment centers.
In particular, Mr. Roberts has provided assistance to behavioral health companies in mergers and acquisitions, private equity financing and corporate and regulatory issues.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 1995
- Millsaps College, B.B.A. in Business Administration, 1992
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 1995
- Represented management in $40 million recapitalization of multi-location behavioral and psychiatric services company with a private equity fund.
- Represented a private equity backed alcohol and drug treatment company in acquisitions of multiple inpatient and outpatient facilities in multiple jurisdictions.
- Provided counsel to a company in the alcohol and drug treatment industry in connection with a $55 million private equity investment.
- Represented management in leverage buyout of company in manufacturing industry, via creation of an ESOP and involving senior and mezzanine financing.
- Represented the majority owner of a major league professional sports franchise in dispute with municipality.
- Represented restaurant franchisee in $60 million sale of over 60 restaurants to strategic buyer.
- Represented a privately held company in connection with contribution of Canadian assets to and formation of Canadian joint venture.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association
- Member – American Bar Association (Business Law Section and M&A Jurisprudence, M&A Trends, Negotiated Acquisitions and Private Equity M&A Subcommittees)
- Member – Nashville Young Leaders Council
- Member – The Exchange Club of Nashville
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association (Behavioral Health Task Force)
- Member – Nashville Bar Association
Rate : $$$