J. Britton Williston is a member in the firm’s Norfolk office and a member of the Commercial Section, the Corporate and Public Finance Group and the firm’s China Team. His practice includes advising clients on private equity, securities offerings and regulation, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions.
He has also assisted numerous China-based companies with their initial public offerings, SEC compliance issues and other corporate matters.
- University of Virginia; B.A., with distinction, 2000
- Columbia University School of Law; J.D., 2003
- Virginia Bar Association; Young Lawyers Division, Executive Committee
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association
- Tidewater Region Jefferson Scholars Selection Committee, University of Virginia
- Advised various clients with respect to Securities Act and Securities Exchange Act matters, including initial public offerings, periodic reporting and disclosure issues, private securities offerings, tender offers and proxy statements
- Represented target company in the $700 million sale of a publicly-traded real estate investment trust
- Represented multiple private equity and hedge fund sponsors throughout formation and capital raising process, including capital raises in excess of $1 billion
Rate : $$$