Clients from a myriad of industries, including the commercial lending, retail, energy, mining and natural resources, health care and manufacturing industries, turn to J.C. Chenault V to handle a diverse range of commercial real estate transactions.
Such transactions include assisting clients with the acquisition, disposition, leasing and development of real estate assets, managing real estate portfolios and advising commercial lenders in the financing of real estate collateral. J.C. is also recognized for his extensive experience with sale/leaseback transactions and regularly advises publicly and privately held companies, including private equity funds, REITs and other real estate developers, in connection with their real estate assets.
- Represented Administrative Agent and Joint Lead Arrangers in connection with $160 million senior secured credit facilities to a publicly traded gaming company in connection with leveraged buyout, which included securing properties in Nevada and Maryland.
- Represented Administrative Agent and Joint Lead Arrangers in connection with $310 million senior secured credit facilities to a publicly traded cemetery and mortuary company, which included securing almost 300 properties in 24 different states.
- Represented Administrative Agent in connection with $53 million senior secured credit facilities to a publicly traded health club franchise, which included securing 60 leased properties in California, Massachusetts and New York.
- Represented national lender in $22.5 million secured credit facilities to a national convenience store operator, which included securing 18 properties in Florida.
- Represented international food services company in numerous matters, including the acquisition and development of a shopping mall and supermarket in North Carolina.
- Represented national fast food franchisor in the acquisition, leasing, development and sale to franchisees of fast food restaurants in numerous states.
- Represented leading institutional lender in the foreclosure by deed in lieu and subsequent redevelopment of a shopping mall in Manassas, Virginia, which included the acquisition of an outparcel from an anchor tenant that had ceased operations.
- Represented international real estate owner and developer in the sale of two commercial office towers in Washington, DC for approximately $156 million and $163 million, respectively.
- Represented Fortune 500 global packaging company in the relocation of its international headquarters to Richmond, Virginia.
- Negotiated commercial office lease for a leading satellite communications and content provider in Seattle, Washington.
- Represented public company in the acquisition, leasing and development of frac sand mines with reserves valued in the billions of dollars in Texas and Wisconsin, including the negotiation of royalty leases, supply agreements and the development of transloading facilities in the United States and Canada.
- Represented power plant developer/operator in the acquisition and development of a 53 megawatt biomass power plant in Georgia.
- Represented private equity fund in the acquisition and financing of fuel processing and distribution providers in Alabama and Texas.
- Represented leading construction aggregates producer in numerous transactions, including the acquisition of a sand mine in Virginia.
- Represented health system in numerous matters, including the leasing and development of an approximately 60,000-square-foot built-to-suit medical office building and outpatient surgery center in Richmond, Virginia.
- Represented private equity fund in the $25 million sale/leaseback of heat treatment and brazing plants in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ontario, Canada.
- Represented private equity fund in the $37 million sale/leaseback of numerous plant nursery properties in Michigan, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon and Tennessee.
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, magna cum laude, University of Richmond Law Review, 2005
- BA, Policies and Management Studies, Dickinson College, 1995
- Member, Hunton & Williams Recruiting Committee
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
Rate : $$$$