J. D. Weinberg represents buyers, sellers and financial advisors in connection with domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions transactions, including acquisitions of public companies, negotiated sales of private companies, subsidiaries and divisions, private equity transactions, leveraged buy-outs and strategic investments.
He has advised numerous boards of directors and has been consistently recognized as a leading M&A lawyer by Chambers USA, Legal 500 US and New York Super Lawyers. He is a member of the Committee on Mergers, Acquisitions and Proxy Contests of the New York City Bar Association.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1990
- University of London, 1989
- Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service, B.S.F.S., 1987
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Oregon Steel Mills (NYSE: OSM) in its acquisition by Evraz Group SA.
- The Goodyear Rubber & Tire Company in the sale of its Engineered Products Division to The Carlyle Group.
- Thomson Reuters in the sale of its Healthcare division to Veritas Capital and its acquisitions of Information Holdings Inc. (NYSE: IHI) and Solucient.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise in its acquisitions of BlueData, Plexxi, and Cloud Cruiser.
- Pfizer in its acquisitions of CovX, Rinat Neuroscience and Bioren.
- NYSE Euronext in its acquisition by IntercontinentalExchange and in its abandoned merger with Deutsche Börse AG (financial advisor).
- CA in its acquisitions of Platinum Technology (NASDAQ: PLAT) and Sterling Software (NYSE: SSW), two of the largest software deals at the time.
- UST in its sale to Altria (financial advisor).
- National Amusements in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Midway Games (NYSE: MWY) from Sumner Redstone.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- Committee on Mergers, Acquisitions and Proxy Contests, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, appointed Member (2009-2012; 2013-)
- Columbia University, Board of Visitors of the Department of History, Member
- Young New Yorkers, Advisory Board
Rate : $$$