J. David Dantzler has more than 30 years of trial and appellate practice experience primarily focused on business, securities and insolvency-related litigation. He has represented clients in federal and state courts across the country in a broad array of commercial disputes, including cases involving allegations of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and other business torts.
He regularly represents public companies and privately held businesses in disputes arising out of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities offerings and financing transactions.
David has also represented clients in litigation and other disputes in commercial bankruptcy cases and other insolvency proceeding. He has served as lead counsel for court appointed receivers in enforcement actions filed by the SEC, FTC and CFTC, usually in connection with a large investment scheme or other fraud.
He also represents boards of directors, as well as special committees and individual directors and officers, in corporate governance and related issues. David has substantial experience in planning and performing internal investigations into alleged corporate or employee misconduct, ranging from financial fraud to sexual harassment.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Trustee, New York Citizens Budget Commission
- Founding Member, Committee for Johns Creek (resulting in the incorporation of Georgia’s tenth largest city) 2005-2006
- Board Member, Johns Creek Foundation 2007-2011
- Master, Joseph Henry Lumpkin American Inn of Court
- University of Georgia, J.D., 1981
- University of Georgia, B.S.Ed., 1976
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia, New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Tax Court
- Georgia State Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of New York, Appellate Div., First Dept.
Rate : $$$