J. Day Peake III practices in the area of labor and employment, with an emphasis on employment law. His practice includes the defense of employers in various Title VII and ADEA claims, I-9 audits, DOL audits, violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act, the WARN Act and actions filed before the EEOC.
Mr. Peake has experience defending Title III public accommodation claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). His practice also involves counseling businesses on an array of employment practices from developing an employment handbook and drafting non-compete agreements to protecting trade secrets and proprietary information.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Sewanee – The University of the South
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Alabama State Bar – Labor and Employment Law Section
- Tennessee State Bar – Labor and Employment Law Section
- Ronald McDonald House (Board of Directors; Secretary)
- Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce (Board of Advisors)
- Representation of private and public employers in various areas of employment-related lawsuits in federal and state courts.
- Representation of municipal entities for civil and constitutional rights claims as well as claims based on the Fair Housing Act.
- Representation of private employers in U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement audits and audits with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Rate : $$$