J. Donald Wasil is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts and Bowen LLP, where he is former Co-Chair of the statewide Real Estate Practice Group.He is a Florida licensed real estate broker with over 30 years of experience representing lenders, developers, investors and servicers in their complex commercial real estate transactions.
Don has represented leading private equity firms and real estate opportunity funds, major financial institutions, and prominent institutional investors and developers in a variety of matters, including:
- Acquisition, financing and sale of complex multi-state portfolios
- Complex real property financing and development
- Non-performing loans, including loan modifications, restructurings, and workouts
- Foreclosures and deeds in lieu of foreclosure
- Ground Leases
- Title insurance
During prior economic downturns, Don developed significant expertise in real estate workouts, foreclosures and creditors’ rights work, and has devised and implemented strategies to resolve non-performing loans for many institutional lenders, special servicers and sub-servicers.
His experience in structuring and documenting real estate transactions enables him to assess various restructuring and workout alternatives, in order to devise innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions that are consistent with a client’s long term goals.
- Florida State University, B.A., Mathematics, 1972
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1980
- University of Miami Law Review
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami
Rate : $$$$