J. Eugene Balloun has more than 60 years of experience in the law practice, has tried more than 100 jury trials, and has argued over 100 appellate cases.
Gene has been a speaker and participant in business and commercial law seminars. He has been selected as one of the outstanding business litigators in Kansas for over 30 years in The Best Lawyers in America, listed in the specialties of Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation.
Gene has also been honored as a Distinguished Alumnus of the University of Kansas School of Law for his contributions to the community and the legal profession. He has completed more than 1,300 pro bono adoptions of foster children.
His pro bono work with children was featured in the American Bar Association Journal (July 2010), The Kansas City Star (March 2015), the Journal of the Kansas Bar Association (April 2015), Kansas Alumni (May 2015), Journal of the American College of Trial Lawyers (Summer 2015), and on NBC Nightly News (July 20, 2015).
Gene was also chosen as KMBZ’s Person of the Week in July 2015. He recently received the President’s Award from the Johnson County Bar Association, and a Lifetime Achievement Award from FosterAdopt Connect.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 1954
- Distinguished Alumnus
- B.S., University of Kansas, 1951
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas Association of Defense Counsel, Former President
- Kansas Inn of Court, Master Emeritus
- Kansas Institute of Trial Advocacy, Faculty Member
- Tenth Judicial District Nominating Commission
- Johnson County First Amendment Foundation, Founder
- FosterAdopt Connect, Board of Directors
- Appleseed, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$