J. Keith Russell concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial and general business litigation, with a focus on motor vehicle franchise litigation. As part of the manufacturer and dealer team, he has an appreciation for a collaborative approach to litigation.
Keith often works with manufacturers in cases involving establishment of new dealerships, dealership relocations, terminations of dealerships and many other issues involving the manufacturer-dealer relationship.
- Successful first-chair representation of an automobile manufacturer in protest by a dealer against the establishment of a new dealership, resulting in a unanimous decision in favor of the manufacturer. Responsible for all aspects of trial preparation and trial.
- Successful second-chair representation of a construction equipment manufacturer in an arbitration proceeding to terminate the dealer agreement of a poor-performing dealership. Responsible for depositions, discovery, trial preparation, and examination and cross-examination of fact witnesses.
- Represented an automobile manufacturer in class certification cases at trial court and on appeal. Heavily involved in extensive class certification and appellate briefings.
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association: Dispute Resolution Committee Volunteer Mediator (2002 to 2006)
Community : Houston BBB Volunteer Mediator/Arbitrator (2003 to 2006)
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1998; cum laude; Articles Editor and Member, Houston Journal of International Law
- B.A., Government, The University of Texas at Austin, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 1999
Rate : $$$