J. Mark Davis has a commercial litigation and administrative law practice, focusing in the areas of telecommunications, water, electric and professional licensure matters, commercial loan transactions and litigation, real estate and bankruptcy.
Davis’ more recent experience includes:
- Lead counsel for the Housing Authority of Little Rock, Arkansas (Metropolitan Housing Alliance).
- Lead trial counsel for numerous competitive local exchange telecommunications carriers (“CLECs”) involving interconnection agreement disputes before the Arkansas Public Service Commission.
- Lead trial counsel for Central Arkansas Water involving planning and zoning decisions of the Pulaski County, Arkansas Planning and Zoning Board.
- Trial counsel for international franchising company defending deceit and promissory estoppel claims by franchisee.
- Local counsel for firms before the Arkansas Contractor’s Licensing Board and the Arkansas State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors.
- Lead trial counsel for a major national title insurance company and Arkansas title companies for claims involving title disputes to real property in the state of Arkansas.
- Lead counsel for Little Rock bank involving commercial loan documentation, litigation, and mortgage foreclosures.
Before joining WLJ, Davis served as Deputy Attorney General for the State of Arkansas and general counsel for Dacor Development Corporation. He was also a solo practitioner in Dallas, Texas.
Davis was named to Mid-South Super Lawyers for Utilities Law in 2006. Davis has received an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating through LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, www.martindale.com/ratings.
He is a member of the American Bar Association in the Public Utility, Communications & Transportation Law Section; Arkansas Bar Association; Texas Bar Association; and Pulaski County Bar Association.
Davis was presented the Outstanding Lawyer-Humanitarian Award for 2007-2008 by the Arkansas Bar Association and the Arkansas Bar Foundation. Davis served as Chairman of the Arkansas Bar Association Committee and Task Force on the Unauthorized Practice of Law from 2010-2011.
Davis has been recognized as Rotarian of the Year by the Rotary Club of Little Rock in 2007, Paul Harris Fellow for outstanding service to the Rotary Club of Little Rock in 2005 and Sid Brooks Fellow for distinguished service to the Miracle Field Project for the Rotary Club of Little Rock.
Rate : $$$