J. Matthew Haynes Jr. represents corporations, small businesses and individuals in state and federal courts throughout Virginia, Maryland and DC. His primary practice areas include premises liability and security, restaurant and retail liability, transportation and trucking, products liability, construction litigation and insurance coverage.
Successful cases handled by Matthew include the following:
- Obtained summary judgment in a premises liability case pending in the D.C. Superior Court.
- Obtained partial summary judgment in a fake arrest/false imprisonment suit in U.S.D.C. Maryland.
- Excluded plaintiff’s liability expert after a successful Daubert challenge in the U.S.D.C. Eastern District of Virginia.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national discount retailer in a $20M mild traumatic brain injury suit pending in U.S.D.C. Eastern District of Virginia.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an interstate trucking company and its driver in a $1.5M personal injury suit pending in the U.S.D.C. Western District of Virginia arising out of a failed drive shaft.
- Hampden-Sydney College, B.A., 1997
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., 2000
Rate : $$$