Robert MacAneney has over 25 years’ experience in the insurance industry representing insurers and insureds in connection with professional and management liability claims both in-house and in private practice. Rob is frequently retained to represent insurers in complex coverage disputes across the country. He has extensive experience representing insurers in coverage disputes, particularly in the areas of fidelity bonds, directors and officers insurance, and professional liability insurance.
He regularly represents domestic and international insurers in coverage evaluation and litigation. Rob regularly counsels clients on insurance issues relating to technology, cybercrime, cybersecurity, and data breaches. Representing insurers in claims under commercial crime policies, computer crime policies, cyber security policies, and data breach insurance policies, he provides advice of insurance claims arising from data breaches and cyber attacks, coordinates remediation and regulatory responses, and litigates coverage disputes.
Rob also frequently represents insurers in coverage and bad faith litigation. In-house he has handled some of the most complex, highest exposure coverage actions. In private practice, he has litigated a wide range of commercial matters involving both defense of directors and officers, lawyers, accountants, general partners, insurance agents and brokers, financial services professionals and other miscellaneous professionals.
Rob’s experience handling management and professional liability disputes from both perspectives gives him the ability to provide a unique and comprehensive approach to claim resolution and litigation. His understanding of the insurance industry and trial experience enable him to successfully counsel our clients to avoid bad faith claims or effectively litigate matters to trial if they cannot be otherwise resolved.
- New York Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1991)
- Walter M. Jeffords Award for the Most Distinguished Writer
- American Jurisprudence Award in the Law of Corporations
- Editor, Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Brown University (B.A., 1983)
- Partner, Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP, New York
- American International Group, Inc., New York
- RLI Insurance Company, New York
- Oppenheimer, Wolff & Donnelly LLP
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- New York State Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
Rate : $$$$