Ryan Yant focuses on bankruptcy and creditors’ rights law, and has substantial courtroom experience. He has represented both debtors and creditors in Chapter 7, 11, 12, and 13 bankruptcies. He has also handled associated contested matters and adversary proceedings, with an emphasis on personal and corporate Chapter 11 debtor representation.
In court, Ryan has handled all aspects of client representation and case management from beginning to end. This has included hearings, depositions, mediations, and negotiations with opposing parties. He has also drafted all documents necessary for representation, including complaints, answers, plans, disclosure statements, confirmation orders, motions, responses, objections, applications, and proposed orders.
Prior to joining Carlton Fields, Ryan was a law clerk to the Honorable K. Rodney May and the Honorable Roberta A. Colton, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013)
- Stetson University (MBA, with honors, 2013)
- University of Florida (B.S., cum laude, 2006)
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable K. Rodney May, United State Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida, Tampa, FL (2016-2017)
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Roberta A. Colton, United State Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida, Tampa, FL, (2017-2018)
- Associate Attorney, Buddy D. Ford, P.A.,Tampa, FL (2014-2016)
- Fellowship Attorney, St. Michael’s Legal Center, Tampa, FL (2013-2014)
- Intern in the chambers of the Honorable K. Rodney May, United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida, Tampa, FL (2013)
- Intern for In-House Counsel, Checkers Drive-In Restaurants,Tampa, FL (2012)
Rate : $$$$