J. Scott Karren provides strategic IP counsel to large technology companies, with a focus on developing and managing strategic patent portfolios, and preparing and prosecuting applications. He manages a number of international patent portfolios in the electrical- and computer-related arts, prepares opinions, counsels clients on issues of patent infringement, validity, and product design, and advises on strategic patent acquisitions and pre-litigation strategies.
Scott has been instrumental in recruiting, training, and mentoring other members of the patent group. He regularly coordinates and leads teams in preparing families of complex applications.
- Scott possesses a deep understanding of complex procedures in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He frequently leverages the Office’s expedited examination policies to rapidly move applications to allowance.
- He is also particularly experienced with the Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) program, which he often relies on in developing domestic and international portfolios.
- Scott is skilled at expediting prosecution through strategic examiner interviews.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2006
- University of Utah, B.S., 2003
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$