J. Thomas Cookson is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Corporate Practice Group. He has more than 30 years of experience structuring and negotiating complex business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, debt and equity financings, and securities offerings.
Tom served as a Law Clerk to Judge Albert Henderson in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit upon graduating from the College of William & Mary School of Law.
- College of William & Mary School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Order of the Coif
- William & Mary Law Review, Board of Editors, 1981-1983
- University of Virginia, B.A., with honors and distinction, 1979
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Member, Episcopal Diocese of Southeast Florida, Disciplinary Board
- Vice Chair, St. Philip’s Episcopal Foundation
- Past Chair, Southeast Florida Episcopal Foundation
- Past Chair, Coral Gables Community Foundation
Rate : $$$