J. William Callison helps clients conduct business within LLC, partnership, corporate and tax laws, and implement affordable housing and community development finance projects. Bill’s work includes: Forming and financing business entities, Preparing contracts and related documents, Advising on corporate and partnership mergers and acquisitions.
Bill is one of the nation’s foremost authorities on LLC and partnership law, and he has particular expertise in laws concerning fiduciary duties and obligations. He frequently serves as a consulting and testifying expert witness in matters involving corporate, limited liability company, partnership, limited partnership, contract, professional malpractice and other disputes.
Bill advises on low-income housing tax credit syndications and creative debt financing. He has assisted clients with hundreds of low-income housing tax credit deals since 1987, and has completed transactions in states from Alaska to Florida. He also has extensive experience implementing historic rehabilitation tax credits, New Markets Tax Credits and federal energy credits.
- Tilburg University, Ph.D. in Law (2017)
- Yale Law School, LL.M. (2000)
- University of Colorado Law School
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
Professional Associations :
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law Working Group I (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) — American Bar Association Delegate; UNCITRAL Secretariat’s expert group
- American Arbitration Association — Commercial Arbitration Panel
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Law Institute
Rate : $$$