J. Zachary Balasko focuses his practice in the area of energy and business litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Balasko served as a law clerk in the chambers of the Honorable Paul M. Black, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Western District of Virginia.
Most recently, he has been part of the national defense team representing a large pharmaceutical distributor defending lawsuits by state and county officials and agencies making claims about opioid distribution.
- Assisted in representation of large pharmaceutical distributor in defense of lawsuits nationwide making claims about opioid distribution
- Represented a large health insurer in defending against wrongful and fraudulent claims for reimbursement
- Defended large insurance carrier in a class action against allegations of unlawful sales of supplemental insurance policies in West Virginia
- Represented retail client in arbitration of claims arising from consumer credit agreements
- J.D. Washington and Lee University, cum laude
- B.A. West Virginia University, magna cum laude
- Member, Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Lead Articles Editor, Washington and Lee Law Review (Vols. 72-73)
- Managing Editor, German Law Journal (Vols. 16-17)
- Omicron Delta Kappa
Rate : $$$$