Jaci L. Overmann focuses her practice on intellectual property infringement litigation and licensing, as well as complex commercial litigation. She has experience counseling clients on class action and individual disputes arising out of a broad range of matters, including patent, trademark, copyright, breach of contract, insurance recovery, and breach of fiduciary claims.
She is experienced in many aspects of litigation, including pre-litigation counseling through discovery management, pretrial motions, trial, and appeal. Jaci understands complex litigation is time-intensive, yet she uses a methodical approach to learn her clients’ objectives and manages the case for an efficient and practical resolution.
While her practice focuses largely on intellectual property litigation, Jaci’s background includes serving as in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 financial services institution, and her clients appreciate her unique understanding of their need to approach matters flexibly and creatively.
She has experience counseling clients on innovation in payments and digital ledger technology, anti-money laundering and economic sanctions, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, as well as the development of international compliance programs to mitigate risk with criminal, civil government, and cross-border internal investigations.
While in law school, Jaci won numerous leadership awards in part for her role as editor-in-chief of the Ohio State Law Journal and was an extern for Judge Jeffrey Sutton on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Prior to going to law school, Jaci worked as a business analyst at the headquarters of both Target Corporation and Limited Brands, and she leverages her business background to develop solutions-oriented approaches to handling issues for clients.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., magna cum laude, 2007)
Bar Admissions : Ohio
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Children’s Home of Cincinnati, Ambassador Board Recruiting co-chair
- Notre Dame Club of Cincinnati
- Moritz College of Law Rising Professionals Council
Rate : $$$