Jack Siebers is most commonly thought of as a business lawyer, although his resume and client list quickly reveal his expertise in the health care, insurance industry services and real estate acquisitions and development.
Jack’s work is that of a problem-solver. His practice includes:
- Business & Corporation Law. Jack counsels individuals and businesses with planning, formation, financing, licensing and periodic corporate reorganizations, including ongoing operational matters such as shareholder agreements, executive hiring and compensation, non-competition agreements and contracts with customers and suppliers. In so doing, much of his time is spent as a proactive, problem solver.
- Business Finance. Jack advises businesses in finance transactions with investors and lenders, including publicly traded securities, private offerings, venture capital and taxable and tax exempt bond transactions. The clients have included corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, tax exempt organizations, finance companies, a bank and insurance companies.
- Mergers & Acquisitions. Largely because he strives to be a “deal closer,” Jack has an active practice assisting buyers, sellers and business brokers in guiding them through the transaction steps from the confidentiality agreement, letter of intent, definitive purchase agreement, financing and closing. Transactions have entailed SBA loans and seller financing.
- Corporate Governance. Having served as the corporate secretary of Foremost Insurance Company and its parent holding company, whose stock was publicly traded, Jack was keenly involved in all corporate governance matters for the company, including audit and other board committees. He served on the board and on the Governance Committee of Fremont Michigan InsuraCorp, whose stock was also publicly traded.
- Family Businesses. He regularly counsels family businesses with strategic planning, succession planning and the social dynamics involved with family members engaged in the operation of the business and those who are not.
- Health Care and Tax Exempt Organizations. Jack represents Michigan’s largest nonprofit continuing care organization, a rehabilitation hospital, hospices and home care providers.
- Real Estate. The practice includes purchase, sale, development, leasing and management of properties, including business and residential condominiums.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1966 with distinction
- Hope College, B.A., Economics, 1963 summa cum laude
- Western Michigan University, M.B.A., Finance, 1974
Bar and Court Admissions:
Rate : $$$$