Jack A. Bjerke practices in the areas of business and securities law, and has specific skill in sports and entertainment law and oil and gas law. Jack has unique experience in the auto racing industry. For more than 40 years, he has counseled and represented teams, drivers, sponsors and sanctioning bodies.
Because Jack is responsive to his clients’ needs and quickly delves into whatever issues are facing them, he has developed lasting relationships. Jack has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2006 in the area of Corporate Law.
- Represented four private companies in three different industries in their initial public offerings through listing on the New York Stock Exchange. Provided counsel on all phases of corporate governance, deal structure, M&A and fundraising.
- Represented a public company during its acquisition by a public Canadian corporation, advising on all aspects of the sale. Resolved federal and local tax and securities issues related to a domestic company’s evolvement into a Canadian entity listed in both jurisdictions (TSX and NASDAQ Bulletin Board).
- Represented a public oil and gas client in California selling all its assets. Advised client on best selling practices and structured liquidation of the company.
- Negotiated lease of rights to explore the Utica Shale Play in Ohio, including drilling participation agreements, as part of representation of oil and gas clients in Ohio.
- Represented the first auto racing sanctioning body to ever become a public entity, including going public and listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represents the promoter for the Mazda Road to Indy comprised of three levels of racing up the ladder to IndyCar.
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
Community : Easter Seals: Board of Directors
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1970
- B.S., Wittenberg University, 1967
Admissions : U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1971, Ohio, 1970.
Rate : $$$$