Jack J. Carriglio represents clients in commercial disputes, including the prosecution and defense of cases relating to contracts, business torts, bankruptcy, securities, product defects, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, partnership disputes, malpractice and professional disciplinary matters, and real estate litigation.
In addition, Jack has a substantial practice in representing corporations and individuals at the federal grand jury, trial, and appellate courts in various criminal matters including RICO, tax, and antitrust. Jack has earned a reputation as one of the premier trial lawyers in Chicago in both commercial litigation and federal criminal cases.
He is the former president of the Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Before joining Cozen O’Connor, Jack practiced law and tried cases with Thomas Foran, a former U.S Attorney.
Jack has tried cases and argued appeals in federal and state civil and criminal courts throughout the United States. Clients have included public corporations as well as mid-size and small companies involving a broad range of industries including technology, manufacturing, real estate, and service-based businesses.
Jack earned his law degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law, graduating cum laude, and was a member of the Law Review. He received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois.
- Obtained a no-liability verdict for a corporate client on a $20 million claim for breach of contract after a 3 week trial in Cook County, Illinois.
- Achieved victory in a FINRA arbitration on behalf of a major investment bank as to claims of tortious interference with contract as to the hiring of a competitor’s former financial advisors.
- Prevailed at a trial in federal court in Chicago for a commercial real estate owner and landlord on a multi-million dollar claim for breach of lease by a corporate tenant.
- Successfully defended a corporate manufacturer in the defense of patent and trademark cases in federal court in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Received a not-guilty verdict in a federal jury trial on allegations of fraud against a sports agent.
- Member of a trial team that won a no-liability verdict in a federal jury trial for a book author and movie producer as to claims of copyright infringement.
- Testified at trial in court in Great Britain as an expert for a corporate defendant as to issues of Illinois law.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1978
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A.
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Federal Bar Association, Chicago Chapter-President (2004-2005); Current Member of Board of Presidents
- Member of Seventh Circuit Bar Association’s Jury Study Project
Rate : $$$