Jack Chang focuses his practice on intellectual property matters. He has experience drafting patent applications and responding to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office actions. Additionally, Jack has provided litigation support by conducting research and analysis on various areas of law, including trademark, copyright, employment, and mergers and acquisitions. He has a desire to accomplish client goals through teamwork and effective communication.
Jack has a genuine interest in his clients’ work, which allows him to develop the insight and diligence necessary to achieve efficient solutions. Specifically, Jack has experience prosecuting patent cases related to cloud computing, software, graphics, wireless communication, RF, electro and electromechanical devices, substrate cleaning apparatuses, GPS tracking devices, e-commerce, and drone technology in both the U.S. and foreign countries.
He has also drafted patent applications related to drone technology involving the enhancement of photos captured by a drone, as well as updating, in real time, a geographical map based on the images captured by a drone.
Lastly, Jack was a full-time intern during law school for a Fortune 100 e-commerce company where he was able to acquire experience conducting invalidity and non-infringement analysis relating to smartphone and tablet technology.
- Associate, Baker & Hostetler, Seattle, 2014-2017
- Legal Intern, Patent Group, Amazon.com, Seattle, 2013-2014
- Legal Extern, F5 Networks, Seattle, 2013
- Legal Extern, Red Hat Society, Inc., Fullerton, Calif., 2012
- Summer Technical Writer Intern, Lee & Hayes, Seattle, 2007
Professional & Community Activities:
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), 2016-Pres.
- Washington State Patent Law Association, 2016-Pres.
- Seattle Intellectual Property Inn of Court, 2013-2014
- Pro Bono Volunteer, King County Bar Association Family Law Program, 2016-Pres.
- Volunteer, Make-A-Wish Foundation, 2013-2015
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2014
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California, 2010
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, 2008
Rate : $$$$